Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Book Review: Taming Darkness by Kat Daemon


Taming Darkness (Taming Darkness, #1)

Title: Taming Darkness
Author:  Kat Daemon
Category/Genre:  Adult/Paranormal Romance
My star rating: 5/5

**Personal note** I just want to say what a pleasure it was to read this book.  Originally, this novel was released by Entranced Publishing just before they closed their doors.  This author could have sat and grumbled about it, but instead she picked herself up, put on her big girl panties, and believed in her characters enough to self-publish it.  While this has no bearing on my review whatsoever, I'm proud for her.

THE RAVE WORTHY:  This story absolutely blew me away.  It's a striking retelling of familiar deities from the bad guy's point of view.  Kat was treading on dangerous waters by trying to make her reader relate to an entity most of us were raised to hate.  Even in her tale of him, he was a narcissistic, self-righteous ass...but I loved every bit of it.  Something about him reminded me of my husband (love you toots, heehee).  The way he approached Maria was beautiful, sensual, and enlightening.  Dare I even call it noble?  No, I won't go that far. Still, it was a special kind of love story written in a simple, vivid rhythm that pulls you in from the very first page. 

THE GRUMBLE WORTHY:  I'm the daughter of a minister, so I'm pretty sure Kat sent me to hell by making me love The Dark One so fiercely LoL.  In all seriousness though, I did feel like Maria was a bit of a shallow character.  She definitely could use some depth.  I'm hoping to see more from her in the future books in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment