Wednesday, December 4, 2013

First Post and Mentee bio!

I've been kicking around the idea of starting a blog for a long time and finally gave in because of #PitchWars.  Reading all of my fellow writer's bios got me thinking that perhaps now is as a good as time as any. So, let's kick off the awkward introductions!

My name is Mary Bernsen, and I'm the proud mother of two beautiful children.  I'm also an aspiring author that writes fantasy and historical fiction, both with strong romantic elements, and I currently have a couple of fulls out with agents (squeee!).

Outside of books and such, I'm an obsessive couponer (I'm that lady you really don't want to be stuck behind at the grocery store) and have made a hobby out of passing the savings knowledge along to others.  I have a wicked phobia of frogs and anything with wings, which is really strange considering I'm such a sucker for animals that my local vets have my number on speed dial for when they need a foster mom.

I'm starting this blog to sort of chronicle the inhumane process of becoming a legit writer and hope to make many friends along the way.  I'll post resources that I come across that I find helpful and interesting if I think you will, too.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment